Easy and versatile are two words to describe Garlic Confit. The garlic is cooked low and slow. So if you have two hours to kill watching your newest Netflix binge, this is the recipe for you (plus you can keep it in the fridge for a bit!)
The best part is you can use it in ANYTHING.
Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes.
Garlic Butter Spread.
The choices are endless, so give it a try.
3 sprigs Rosemary
3 sprigs Thyme
3 large bulbs Garlic (peeled cloves)
~12 ounces Olive Oil (enough to cover the garlic)
2-3 cracks fresh Black Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel your bulbs of Garlic so all the cloves have been separated and are skinless.
3.In an oven safe pan, spread out the Rosemary, Thyme and Garlic.
let's be Frank: There's no method to this madness. Have fun with it.
4. Add enough Olive Oil in the pan to cover all the Garlic.
let's be Frank: The amount of oil needed will depend on the size and depth of the pan. I typically use a small cast iron pan for this recipe but any pan will do.
4. Add a few cracks of Black Pepper on top.
let's be Frank: You can also do crushed red pepper or no pepper at all. Totally your choice.
5. Put the pan in the oven (uncovered) for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
let's be Frank: You'll know it's done when the garlic is soft and cloves can be easily flattened with a fork.
6. Allow time for it to cool. You can then use it directly or store it in the refrigerator for a little over a week in an air tight container. Enjoy!