Recipe Lesson: Fully Incorporate.
It'll make more sense as you prepare the cheesecake but just remember to always fully incorporate one ingredient before adding the next.
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
16 oz. Cream Cheese (2 - 8oz cream cheese blocks are easiest)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Water
1. Wrap a 7" springform pan tightly with tin foil. Spray the inside of the pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix the Graham Cracker Crumbs and Sugar until fully incorporated. Add in the melted Unsalted Butter and fully incorporate.
3. Pack the mixture into the base and sides of the pan until uniform. Place in the freezer for ~30 minutes (or until the cheesecake batter is prepared).
let's be Frank: Go light on placing the crumbs on the corners, otherwise you will end up with thick edges.
4. In a large bowl, beat the Cream Cheese until smooth and gradually add the Sugar until fully incorporated.
let's be Frank: It's easiest if you have the cream cheese already at room temperature and if you have a stand mixer. FYI - neither are required.
5. Crack the Eggs and add in the second one after the first has been incorporated.
6. Add in the Flour. Fully incorporate.
let's be Frank: Ensure there are no clumps in the flour.
7. Add in the Heavy Cream and the Vanilla Extract. Let the mixer run for a few minutes to ensure it is fully incorporated and no cream cheese is stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
let's be Frank: You may have to stop the mixer and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
8. Once the batter is ready, remove the springform pan from the freezer and gently pour the batter into the pan.
let's be Frank: CONGRATS! The hard part is done!
9. Pour the Water into the Instant Pot.
10. Cover the top of the springform pan tightly with tin foil and set upon the trivet. Gently lower the trivet into the Instant Pot by using the trivet's handles.
11. Put the cover on the Instant Pot and move the vent to the sealing position.
12. Set the Instant Pot on HIGH for 36 minutes.
let's be Frank: 36 minutes will give you a creamy cheesecake in the center. If you like it a little more well-done, opt for 37 or 38 minutes.
13. Allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then press the quick release.
let's be Frank: A few minutes more or less will not severely impact the cheesecake. Don't panic if you forget to set a timer.
14. Uncover the cheesecake and let cool.
let's be Frank: Consider putting it on an elevated wire rack (or cool stove grate) so it cools quicker and more evenly.
15. Once cool, refrigerate overnight.