4 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract or Anisette
3-4 dashes of Ground Cinnamon
1 Lemon (zested)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
2 lb Ricotta
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (if desired)
1. Wrap a 7" springform pan tightly with tin foil. Spray the inside of the pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the Graham Cracker Crumbs and Sugar (2 tablespoons). Once mixed, add the melted Butter and fully combine.
3. Press and pack the Graham Cracker Crumbs into the bottom of a 7” springform pan.
let's be Frank: Instead of using your hand to pack the Graham Cracker Crumbs down, try using the bottom of a dry measuring cup.
4. Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
let's be Frank: If you're short on time, you can actually make the crust a few days in advance and freeze it.
5. While the crust is freezing, you’ll want to prepare your filling.
6. In a large bowl, beat the Eggs until combined.
7. Slowly add to the egg mixture, Ground Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract (or Anisette), and Sugar (1 cup). You should continue to mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
let's be Frank: Be careful not to have any clumps in the mixture, especially with the cinnamon.
8. Fold in the Ricotta, Lemon Juice, and Lemon Zest. Keep folding in the Ricotta until the filling has become creamy and has a consistent look to it.
let's be Frank: Using store-bought ricotta is 100% fine for purposes of this recipe.
9. Add the creamy batter to the frozen pie crust.
10. Cover the top of the springform pan tightly with tin foil and set upon the trivet. Gently lower the trivet into the Instant Pot by using the trivet's handles.
11. Put the cover on the Instant Pot and move the vent to the sealing position.
12. Set the Instant Pot on HIGH for 36 minutes.
let's be Frank: 36 minutes will give you a creamy pizza dolce in the center. If you like it a little more well-done/firm, opt for 37 or 38 minutes.
13. Allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then press the quick release.
let's be Frank: A few minutes more or less will not severely impact the pizza dolce. Don't panic if you forget to set a timer.
14. Uncover the pizza dolce and let cool.
let's be Frank: Consider putting it on an elevated wire rack (or cool stove grate) so it cools quicker and more evenly.
15. Once cool, refrigerate overnight.
let's be Frank: We like to melt chocolate chips and drizzle a little melted chocolate over the top. 100% optional!