4 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract or Anisette
3-4 dashes of Ground Cinnamon
1 Lemon (zested)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
2 lb Ricotta
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (if desired)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the Graham Cracker Crumbs and Sugar (2 tablespoons). Once mixed, add the melted Butter and fully combine.
3. Press and pack the Graham Cracker Crumbs into the bottom of a 7” springform pan.
let's be Frank: Instead of using your hand to pack the Graham Cracker Crumbs down, try using the bottom of a dry measuring cup.
4. Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
let's be Frank: If you're short on time, you can actually make the crust a few days in advance and freeze it.
5. While the crust is freezing, you’ll want to prepare your filling.
6. In a large bowl, beat the Eggs until combined.
7. Slowly add to the egg mixture, Ground Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract (or Anisette), and Sugar (1 cup). You should continue to mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
let's be Frank: Be careful not to have any clumps in the mixture, especially with the cinnamon.
8. Fold in the Ricotta, Lemon Juice, and Lemon Zest. Keep folding in the Ricotta until the filling has become creamy and has a consistent look to it.
let's be Frank: Using store-bought ricotta is 100% fine for purposes of this recipe.
9. Place the pan in the 350°F oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
let's be Frank: Don't want to wait one hour and 45 minutes? You can also prepare this in an Instant Pot by setting it to 30 minutes. See similiar instructions to our Instant Pot cheesecake here.
10. At the 1 hour and 30-minute mark, you should begin to check the Pizza Dolce until it has a firm appearance and light-golden color.
11. If desired, once you remove the Pizza Dolce from the oven, decorate the top with Chocolate Chips to your liking.